TMJ & Jaw Disorders
Temporomandibular Joint disorders are a variety of problems related to your jaw joint. You may have had a TMJ disorder for a long time without realizing it. Symptoms such as headaches, teeth clenching, earaches or swallowing difficulties may be signaling a TMJ disorder.
If you answer 'yes' to several of the following questions, you may have a TMJ disorder:
- Does your jaw click, pop, grate, catch or lock when opening or closing your mouth?
- Is opening your mouth painful or limited?
- Do you awaken with sore, stiff muscles around your jaw?
- Are you aware of grinding or clenching your teeth during the day or at night?
- Does stress make your clenching or pain worse?
At Orthopedic & TMJ Physical Therapy Center, our team of professionals use a variety of manual therapies, biofeedback, exercise, and treatment modalities. We implement a personal treatment program to meet your specific needs and lifestyle.