Chronic pelvic pain can exist when no clear pathology has been found. The symptoms often include pain and dysfunction related to urination, defecation, and sexual activity. Symptoms vary, yet manual physical therapy techniques are an effective treatment for all of them.
If you answer ‘yes’ to:
- Feeling of sitting on a golf ball at your perineum
- Painful erection or force of ejaculation
- A feeling of a ‘headache’ in your pelvis
- Urgency/Frequent urination; low volume of urine
- Frequent nighttime voids
- Pain or loss of potency after prostate treatment
then you may have nonbacterial prostatitis or chronic pelvic pain.